"Something is impossible until it is inevitable" Gramsci
Here is the press release that went out to the media today.
PRESS RELEASE ON BEHALF OF NICK LE CORNU
FOR IMMEDIATE PUBLICATION
28TH JANUARY 2014
Candidate for St Helier No.1 By-Election
‘Social reform campaigner to stand for Deputy’
Havre des Pas resident Nick Le Cornu is standing for election for Deputy in St Helier No 1 district
A qualified English Solicitor, Nick has practiced commercial law and litigation in the City of London and is currently assisting Union members and others with Jersey employment issues.
He is Secretary of the Jersey Human Rights Group campaigning on equality and anti-discrimination measures.
‘Social and Political reforms are now urgently needed,’ says Nick Le Cornu.
His priorities are:
- To improve the quality and affordability of private and social rented accommodation.
- To implement statutory maternity and paternity leave.
- To oppose any suggestion of an increase in GST.
- The fight for a true ‘living wage’.
- End the abuse of zero-hour contracts.
- Investing in Fort Regent, with improved access from Snow Hill – this is vital.
- Managing population growth.
- Fair electoral representation for St Helier.
For more information contact:
Nick Le Cornu
Mobile 07797 740886